Thursday, April 28, 2011

Lemon Blueberry Bread ~ Happy Friday!


I can't believe its gonna be Friday in a few minutes. For some reason, I wish it wasn't as there are still so many things to be completed at work this week! OMG, was that me talking? LOL!!

It's been a stressful week, and in times of duress, people can get very very edgy! How ironic that in busy times like these, there are bound to be people who can't do anything else but try their very hard to hit on your nerves! aaahhhh...the occupational hazard of any working person.

So what do I do when dealing with stress? I bake!! This will be for my dear colleagues who have been working hard day and night tirelessly for the last few weeks. I hope they will enjoy this for breakfast or a snack... when they actually find time for a break!


This recipe is from Joy of Baking , a simple one but nonetheless uses my favourite ingredients in a cake - lemon and blueberry.And I love dessert that disguises itself as breakfast food! The smell of something with lemon baking in the kitchen is just heavenly. Sweetly fragrant! And you know what? I actually ran out of sugar! But I had plenty of brown sugar, so that's what I used - and I lessen it by 20g.

Have a great weekend ahead and here's the recipe!

Lemon Blueberry Bread

1 1/2 cups (195 grams) all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons (85 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup (150 grams) granulated white sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 tablespoon grated lemon zest (outer yellow skin of the lemon)
1/2 cup (120 ml) milk
1 cup fresh blueberries

Lemon Glaze: (I did without)
1/4 cup (50 grams) granulated white sugar
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice

for how-to, go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment